Sunday, September 11, 2011

Urban Fox

Tired fox on the Docklands Light Railway.
I just got back from an excellent double birthday party - we had a bouncy castle, and a 75m roll of cardboard that we turned into a maze. Also cake.

I figured that what with all the people dressed up as animals collecting for charity, everyone would ignore me if I travelled there in my costume.
I was right.

MAZE!

I put secret cave paintings into the cardboard maze. I loved that maze.  We played monster-in-the-maze, and whack-a-mole with inflatable baseball bats, which made me laugh like nothing else in months.
Drawing in the maze
Cave Painting

5 comments:

Emmeline Illustration said...

That sounds like SO much fun. My kind of party! A few years ago I had a birthday party where we all dressed as animals (I was a kingfisher!) and had a treasure hunt around a park in Falmouth. :-)
Very jealous of your fox ears too!

Viviane Schwarz said...

Fox Rosehill Gardens?

Viviane Schwarz said...

The ears are easily made from felt... I put the hood down at first to look less silly but then it got cold and I had an earache and I thought oh whatever. Then I thought: There is something nice about walking through the rain like this, I might make a set of ears for a raincoat.

Viviane Schwarz said...

I totally recommend getting a huge roll of corrugated wrap for a party. It invents its own games.

Swati said...

I think I will follow your recommendation. The next birthday in family is far off, but an indoor winter maze party, just for the heck of it. Great idea!